Information Technology Impact's on Business Operation
Organizations are typically organized and operate by functional silos
- While you might think these are independent they are actually because they require information form.
What is Information Technology?
Information Technology or in simple word is IT can be define as a field concerned with the use of technology in managing and processing information. IT also is an important enabler of business success and innovation.
What is Management Information Systems?
Management Information System is a general name for the business function and academic discipline covering the application of people, technologies and procedures to solve business problems. It also similar to Accounting, Finance, Operations and Human Resource
DATA, INFORMATION AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE OF IT RESOURCES & IT CULTURES
- DATA- Raw facts that describe the characteristic of an event
- INFORMATION - Data converted into a meaningful and useful context
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE - Applications and technologies that are used to support decision making efforts
ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION CULTURES
- INFORMATION FUNCTIONAL CULTURE - Employees use information as a means of exercising influence or power over others.
- INFORMATION SHARING CULTURE - Employees across departments trust each other to use information to improves performance.
- INFORMATION INQUIRING CULTURE - Employees across departments search for information to better understand the future and align themselves with current trends and new directions.
- INFORMATION DISCOVERY CULTURE - Employees across departments are open to new insights about crisis and radical changes and seek ways to create competitive advantages.